Hamden Economic & Community Development
Home  |  Site Map  |  Contact  |
Hamden Economic & Community Development
About UsBusiness IncentivesCommunity DevelopmentResources For BusinessNewsHamden at a Glance

Rehabilitation Programs

OHND's Rehabilitation Programs offer housing assistance to private owners of residential property in the target areas. Qualified applicants may receive up to $20,000 per housing unit in grant assistance. Rehabilitation may include, but is not limited to, roof repair, furnace repair, window replacement, fire safety, and code violations. Income-eligible residents townwide may apply for emergency rehabilitation (furnace or roof repair).


         Traditional Rehabilitation Application

         Target Area Streets for Traditional Rehabilitation Application

         Emergency Rehabilitation Application 

         Renovate Right Brochure 

Frequently Asked Questions about the Residential Rehabilitation Programs


Q: Is this a grant or a loan? Will I have to pay any money back?

A: Financial assistance for all programs is an interest-free loan. There are no monthly payments. The loan is only required to be repaid upon sale or transfer of property. In some instances, when approved by OHND, the loan may be transferred to a family member who is also low to moderate income.


Q: How do I know if I qualify for these programs?

A: There are income guidelines which the applicant has to meet. The applicant must be current on all taxes including motor vehicles registered in the Town of Hamden. For any non-emergency repairs, the home must be within one of Hamden's Community Development Target Districts. Participating homes must be one- to four-family detached structures.


Q: What kind of work can I do on my home with these programs?

A: OHND is permitted to assist in rehabilitation of existing structures, but is not permitted to assist with remodeling or new additions. Typical rehabilitation work includes roof repair, window replacement, painting, furnace replacement, and porch repair.


Q: How can I find out more information and/or get an application for the Residential Rehabilitation Program?

A: You can contact Chris Marchand, Office of Housing and Neighborhood Development at 203-776-5978 x 1123 or stop by the office located at the Keefe Community Center, 11 Pine Street, Hamden, CT 06514. cmarchand@hamden.com





Web Solutions Connecticut CT Web Design & Development Company